This course focuses on preaching the gospel from the Old and New Testaments.
Students will be able to:
- Articulate a theology of proclamation.
- Exegete a variety of biblical passages for preaching.
- Evaluate sermons for biblical integrity, theological soundness, internal logic, and delivery, and appropriate insights gained from the evaluation of their own sermons.
- Develop plans for ordering and delivering sermons in their congregational and communal context.
COS 324 includes required Zoom meetings:
WEEK 6 – Monday, June 12: 9-10:30 AM ET
WEEK 7 – Monday, June 19: 9-10:30 AM ET
WEEK 8 – Monday, June 26: 9 AM – NOON ET (Groups 1 & 2 Preaching)
WEEK 9 – Monday, July 3: 9 AM – NOON ET (Groups 3 & 4 Preaching)
WEEK 10 – Monday, July 10: 9-10:30 AM (ET)
- High speed internet
- A personal computer or tablet (mobile phones are not acceptable for this course)
- Webcam, speakers and a microphone for Zoom meetings
To learn more about Zoom, visit https://support.zoom.us/. Please confirm that your webcam, speakers and microphone are compatible with your personal computer or tablet.
Instructor: Rev. Dr. Robert Brown, Lead Pastor, Rome First United Methodist Church, Rome, Georgia
Prerequisite: COS 121 & COS 122
Zoom meetings: This course includes 5 required Zoom meetings. Click on course name or "More info" link for dates, times, and technology requirements.